Events Team Manager - B2B Events
Salary: £30-35k + benefits
A leading public sector events company is looking for a commercially minded and experienced Event Manager to lead a small team of Event Executives and oversee the day-to-day operations for conferences and events.
The organisation is going through a period of transition and growth. This role requires an Event Manager with proven people management skills gained in a fast-paced B2B commercial conference business. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of organising a large volume of conferences and briefings and be comfortable with managing a very busy and highly efficient operations team.
As Event Manager your key responsibilities will be to:
- Oversee and manage the event operations function, ensuring best practice is achieved and delivered for all events
- Bring a level of high creativity mixed with exceptional delivery and efficiency within budget
- Manage the day-to-day operations budgets for each event
- Manage the team to ensure that individual events are delivered within budget but also to ensure that, where growth opportunities present themselves, additional approved spend is allocated
- Working closely with the different divisional heads to ensure that with the events are delivered effectively, efficiently and within budget
- Lead negotiations with key stakeholders to ensure a competitive DDR within budget.
- To present and deliver reports on a regular basis on the progress of the department.
- The ideal candidate will have come from one of the big commercial events companies and so have a clear understanding of how to manage process efficiency, financial leanness and high quality.
- The ability to thrive in a challenging, fast paced and high-pressure environment
- An excellent communicator who can manage external relationships and create strong partnerships with our suppliers and venues
- An ambitious and energetic manager who is a natural leader and can recruit, establish and retain a strong team with a strong team culture
- An expert understanding of events, at both the creative and detailed, technical level
- Experience of delivering and managing a large volume of events
- Location: London Victoria
- Salary: £30 - 35,000 plus benefits
- Consultant: Lils Collingwood