Conference and Content Manager
A great position for a Senior Conference Producer looking for high responsibility and accountability. The role of Conference and Content Manager offers intellectual stimulation, strategic thinking, the opportunity to meet senior managers on a peer basis, excellent promotion prospects and attractive financial rewards.
The role will involve identifying and satisfying the market’s precise needs by researching the viability of conference topics by conducting in-depth research with senior level industry figures.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Researching in detail the conference program by contacting a complete cross section of the target market through phone, desk research and meetings to determine what subjects are needed by the market
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of competitors events through reading brochures and speaking to competitive speakers
- Analysis of multi-source research to put together a complete draft program agenda
- Identifying, contacting and inviting potential speakers, mainly by phone, and recruiting them onto the program. Negotiating Speaker fees and expenses and staying within the budget guidelines set down by Portfolio Director
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least two -three years’ experience producing and managing conferences
- Be educated to at least degree level (2.1 and above or equivalent), higher is preferred
- Be an idea generator, initiative-taker and ability to think strategically
- Have strong research and analytical skills using a number of information sources
- Be willing and able to travel
Not the right role for you? Recommend a friend or colleague and, upon successful placement, receive £250 worth of vouchers!
Please note, we cannot respond to all applications. Should you not hear from us within 28 days please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Location: London
- Salary: £33,000 - £36,000 + profit share
- Consultant: Leila Odish