Possibly some of the most important questions you will ever ask.
What should you ask a potential employer during an interview?
As we all know, interviews can be nerve wracking and once the employer has asked their questions this is your moment to shine. It’s pretty awkward when you come to the end of the interview and you’re asked “have you got any questions?”. So make sure you are prepared. This will make sure you demonstrate your enthusiasm for the company and find out if it’s the right role for you.
Here are a few questions that can be applied to any role you may go for in the future:
- What are you, the employer looking for in their ideal candidate?
- What are the key priorities or challenges for this role?
- What are the career development opportunities? Do you offer training/professional qualifications?
- Ask for feedback – how do you compare to other candidates they have met?
- What is the next step in the interview/recruitment process?
Also make sure you do your research beforehand and ask more specific questions about the company itself as well as the industry. These could be things such as:
- What is the work culture like, what do the company expect etc?
- What have you (the interviewer) enjoyed most about working in the company?
And finally, remember to ask. If there is anything else they would like to know about you.
If you would like any more information, then please contact us on 0203 0087083, or find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.